As we approach the time for our mission trip to Peru I am getting excited in spite of the fact that I still have lots of packing to do. With the Lord’s help, I’ll get it done.
We had a short meeting last Thursday for those who live in the Charleston area. The dental students know each other from school and previous trips, however two ladies are new to DCF and it was nice to put names and faces together.
1. All of the Charleston people will need to take a bag of dental items as their checked luggage. Therefore, pack personal items in a carry-on bag. Check with your air carrier for up to date rules on luggage.
2. Be sure to keep up with passports and personal items. Take a photo of your passport as backup.
3. Arrival into Lima will be late. The airport is safe, but not the most comfortable. There’s a hotel across the street for those who want a bed.
4. We will be met in Cusco upon arrival, head to Pisac where we will be staying in a church camp. Sunday is for rest and clinic set up.
5. We will do clinic 4 full days, with Friday being reserved for the trip to Machu Picchu. Dental service including fillings, cleaning, and extractions will be offered. Reading and sun glasses along with eye drops can be distributed.
6. Bottled water and good food will be available. Please let me know of any allergies.
Don’t be picky.
7. Cell phones work in Peru, but it’s always a good idea to check with your cell phone company about costs, etc.
8. Please have family and friends pray for our time together, especially for travel, customs in Lima, personal health, our missionary hosts, the patients, team unity, and mostly that God will be honored in and through our efforts.
9. Shopping has been a favorite aspect of this trip for some previous members. Our missonary hosts will change dollars. How much to bring is up to you, however, 1-200$ is usually more than enough.
Please let me know if you have questions. My number is 843-345-5025.
Blessings and thanks,